New Owner Questions - How To Replace Fuse In Switchboard

Waverider
Anti Spam measure:No
AntiSpam Text:Westerly
New Owner Questions - How To Replace Fuse In Switchboard

Post by Waverider » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a silly new owner style question. We have a Westerly Storm with a push in style switches, and I was wondering how you change the fuse. The issue is that our fridge (which had been working) has suddenly stopped, and I was wondering if the fuse had tripped. So how do you change the fuse in this type of switch board. I have attached the picture of the board to see if it helps.

Thanks,

Dave
IMG_6392.jpg
Picture of switch panel
IMG_6392.jpg (1.4MiB)Viewed 1608 times

Tony Wardale
AntiSpam Text:westerly

Re: New Owner Questions - How To Replace Fuse In Switchboard

Post by Tony Wardale » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:47 am

Hi Waverider

I think these are circuit breakers as I have just replaced some on my Konsort. You can get them from RS Components No 2-5700 switchable thermal .Price £10.89. Please come back if you want more information

Tony

Waverider

Post by Waverider » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:50 am

Hi Tony,

That looks like them. Does that mean that I have to take the whole switch board off to replace them if they are broken. Also, do they act like a fuse which would need to be replaced once tripped or are they just a power switch?

I guess my question is, if the fridge has stopped working and I suspect it is a fuse do I need to change the whole circuit breaker?

Thanks for guiding me to RS as I never would have found it!

Dave

Big Andy
Location:Me Newport, Boat Milford Haven, soon to be else where.

Post by Big Andy » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:59 pm

There is no fuse in it it's just a trip switch. Unless it's faulty you should be able to reset it and your fridge will work again, of course it could be a faulty fridge or fridge circuit that keeps tripping the switch. You could have a faulty trip switch and need to change it but that's easy to do.

If you do open the panel up remember to turn off the power supply at the battery first so you don't short anything while you pull it out (like I did :oops: )
Westerly Corsair.
Pemva.

Waverider

Post by Waverider » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:19 am

Hi Big Andy,

Thanks for they response and the advice. I’ll be sure to turn it all off before I take a look!

Dave

mikebuggy

Post by mikebuggy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:29 pm

When a circuit trips, the button pops out. To reset, just push the button it back in. If that doesnt work, or the button hasnt popped out, the problem may be elsewhere.

Tony Wardale
AntiSpam Text:westerly

Post by Tony Wardale » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:42 pm

When you go on The RS spares website , you will find a number of these circuit breakers, some are ac others dc. I chose the ones rated at 2.5 amps but that may be a bit too low the postage is free.

My KOnsort has 2 panels each with 8 circuit breakers and I have found 5 to be duff, check them with a multimeter.