Griffon Chart Table

alla breve

Griffon Chart Table

Post by alla breve » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:35 am

Hello
Ive had my Mk 1 Griffon a year now and am very happy with it as a first boat. However I would like some form of chart table on it. Has anybody fitted one , some sort of ply table onthe stbd side by the 1/4 berth maybe? I believe the Mk 2 had a table fitted, perhaps someone could send me some details or photos of this?
Thanks
Tim

RichardTaylor
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Opposite Easterly

Re: Griffon Chart Table

Post by RichardTaylor » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Tim

We have a semi-useful chart table on our Griffon 1, which bridges across from the engine cowl to the port side shelving. As the cushions meant this ran down hill to the engine, I raised the end creating a "chart shelf" underneath going most of the way across to the cushion. We then have instruments on a shelf screwed to the bulkhead above.

It is not a perfect answer (the chart table is heavy and bulky, and I find myself kneeling on the berth cushions to us the table) but it does work.

I think I have some pictures at home which if you let me have your email address I will send.

Cheers Richard
GN67 - Paxi Moon

Uncle Albert
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Griffon Chart Table

Post by Uncle Albert » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:30 pm

I have seen somewhere a slide out table fitted to the roof of the port quarter berth. It loses a bit of air space in the berth but still leaves enough for turning over in your sleep. No chart storage capability though unless its made thicker with attendant berth space loss. It is something I am hoping to do with my Centaur.
Uncle Albert
CR1702