Sealord water tank switching

dj7613
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Sealord water tank switching

Post by dj7613 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:58 pm

Westerly Owners Group is a Public Group with 2736 members.

How do I switch water tanks on a Sealord?
KevinGYToday at 4:43 AM
I recently purchased a Sealord. It has two water tanks - one to port and on to starboard. The deck fill is on the starboard side, but there is no port side deck fill. I assume that there is a valve somewhere that determines which tank is in use and that both tanks fill simultaneously if that valve is open. I've found a mystery valve (under the boards between the salon table and the port settee) that looks like it's a good candidate, but actuating that valve doesn't seem to have an affect. I've tried tracing the hoses, but they all disappear into the inaccessible areas of the bilge.

Before I go off and make those areas accessible, can anyone provide some assistance and potentially save me some work?

mikebuggy

Re: Sealord water tank switching

Post by mikebuggy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:17 am

The tanks usually both fill from the same filler. There is a valve on the hose outlet of each tank. There should be a similar valve to the one you found underneath the floorboards, about the same distance on the other side of the center line. These valves can be operated to decide which tank you want to empty first. I usually have both open unless going on a long voyage.