I've lost my bilge pump......

Centaurolly
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

I've lost my bilge pump......

Post by Centaurolly » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:16 pm

So, first day on the boat today pulled every thing out and had a good rummage around and have lost my bilge pump......

This is on a Konsort, and the manual pump is under the floor just in front of the tool box, but can't for the life of me find the electric one. The only place I haven't looked is under the table, surely its not there is it? :shock:

TyroSailor

Re: I've lost my bilge pump......

Post by TyroSailor » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:57 pm

Hi Olly

Have you just bought this boat? Congratulations and good luck, if so.

Under the engine? Follow the pipe back from wherever it goes through the hull? Ask the previous owner?
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton

Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:27 am

Are you sure an electric pump has been fitted, it was not a standard piece of equipment, possibly not even produced in any real quantity when your Konsort was built. If there is one it will be a later fit. My Fulmar does not have one and the bilge stays dry.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

Centaurolly

Post by Centaurolly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:56 am

Hi Steve

Yes bought her last week, fingers crossed I'll have her in the water in a couple of weeks for some sailing! How's it going on Tyro?

That's a fair point about one actually being fitted at all, think I'll count up all the through hulls and see if there's one unidentified, then make further investigations.

TyroSailor

Post by TyroSailor » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:33 am

Good point Roger. My Centaur didn't have one either. Hope to use your gauge this week! - And I hope to be sailing by next week, Olly. :roll:
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton

Centaurolly

Post by Centaurolly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:49 am

Thats great news Steve, congrats!

Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:48 pm

My electric bilge pump is in the engine bay on the port side half way up the engine bay height and sucks filth via a green pipe from below the engine thence through the pump which is an oscillating diaphragm type and then out of transom. Makes a hell of a racket but seems to be quite efficient at polluting the river!!!!

Could you track its location by ear???

Unc
Centaur CR1702
Uncle Albert
CR1702

Centaurolly

Post by Centaurolly » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Uncle Albert wrote:My electric bilge pump is in the engine bay on the port side half way up the engine bay height and sucks filth via a green pipe from below the engine thence through the pump which is an oscillating diaphragm type and then out of transom. Makes a hell of a racket but seems to be quite efficient at polluting the river!!!!

Could you track its location by ear???

Unc
Centaur CR1702
Well, and this possibly helps to answer my own question, there is no switch to turn it on. There is a whole shed load of wiring that I'm still trying to get my head round, but nothing noted as bilge. I was assuming that it was automatic/wired separately and so couldn't be turned off as a safety precaution. But then I also assumed that every boat would have one installed in the first place!