Fitting New Eberspacher Heater in Korsort

aquaplane
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Re: Fitting New Eberspacher Heater in Korsort

Post by aquaplane »

Glad you got sorted. Presumably your man came back with the bits he was missing.

Good to have a chat with you the other day. Did you speak with Bob on Romonist who was moored beside me?
Bob.
Centaur now sold. Boating from Tarbert.
Hot Ayre
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by Hot Ayre »

Ah! Was it the skipper you spoke to? Only the First Mate posts here! Yes, got the bits, everything connected, then skipper went off on the Monday to fetch some gas, having been advised where to get it cheapest!
Hot Ayre

Post by Hot Ayre »

Update: the Propex heater is superb! Gets the saloon really toasty very fast. We've not operated it beyond the 'blue' thermostat setting as it's so efficient. A little noisy due to the type of outlet pipe but that's quite good as we can't leave it on by mistake! We certainly needed it during the last couple of weeks aboard due to what Stornoway Coastguard kept calling 'unseasonably wet/windy weather'!
Gorman501
Anti Spam measure: Yes

Post by Gorman501 »

Well, I got my Wasbasto heater fitted and it works a treat. A few things I've learned from the process. I fitted the heater as far aft on the starboard quarter in the cockpit locker as high up as possible by glueing a piece of solid wood to the inside of the topside with CT1, great stuff will glue anything to anything. Then mounted heater bracket with stainless screws to the wood. The ducting that came with the Wasbasto kit was long enough to go from there all the way into the first storage area under the starboard cabin bunk. As a belt and braces job I went to a plumbing shop and got 2 lenths of 65mm arma flex lagging and lagged the duct the whole way along. As it runs underneath the cool box I figured it would generate too much unnecessary heat in this area and also the heater seems to be extremely efficient and really warms the cabin in the evenings when there is a cold breeze out. Regarding fuel line. It shows on installation manuals to simply tab the main fuel line from the tank to the engine. Bad idea I was told as it causes air locks and problems. The other option is to tab the tank with a separate line which I did not feel to doing. I was fortunate to get a neat bit of advice from a Wasbasto dealer and that was to tab into one of the spare outlets on the main diesel filter. It simply means removing a stud and replacing it with a nipple and connect the heater fuel onto the end of it and your good to go. I also kept the lift pump to the starboard side of the engine/fuel tank to minimise noise in the cabin area while the heater is running. So all in all it worked out really well. The only issue I had was with the wiring loom. It comes in 2 parts and I had to modify it slightly to have the heater control in a convenient position in the cabin. Apart from that all good.