Cockpit table

wotan4
Anti Spam measure:No
AntiSpam Text:westerly
Cockpit table

Post by wotan4 » Mon May 11, 2015 8:49 pm

I am not really sure if this is the right section of the forum but here goes.
I have a Westerly Renown with wheel steering on a pedestal and I want to install a fold down cockpit table fixed to the front of the pedestal unit.
Have any members carried out this project and if so are there any sketches available etc?
Just wanted a few pointers before I get down to it!!
Mike

Jolly Roger
AntiSpam Text:Westerly

Re: Cockpit table

Post by Jolly Roger » Tue May 12, 2015 10:29 am

Mike

If here is room for the table to swing down for storage, then you should have no problems. Check out KJ Howells http://www.kjhowells.com/ as they make folding teak tables in a variety of sizes and styles, even if only just for ideas.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

steve parry
Anti Spam measure:Yes
AntiSpam Text:Pentland

Post by steve parry » Thu May 14, 2015 11:44 am

Hi Mike,
I have a Pentland and also a cockpit table which sits on its own foot and is held in place by a bracket. I know what your after so have a look at YACHTSNET web site and go into archives and scroll down to the Pentland and have a look at the pictures of the cockpit area. This might give you an idea on what to do. There is a Renown on the web but it hasn't got a table.

It might give you some idea's?

Regards

Steve

wotan4
AntiSpam Text:westerly

Post by wotan4 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi Steve,
I have looked at the Pentland on the yachtsnet website and it just exactly what I am looking for.
I was going to get separate cup holders but the design on the pentland combines everything which is just the job.
Thanks Steve, for suggesting I look at this pentland and thanks for your advice.
Mike