Konsort Cushions

Rob Pike

Konsort Cushions

Post by Rob Pike » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:37 pm

I am looking at replacing the cushions on a newly purchased Konsort but I am struggling to find anywhere on the net that I could get a guide price for these. I am looking at replacing foam also so I want a complete job.

TrafalgarYachts
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Opposite Easterly

Re: Konsort Cushions

Post by TrafalgarYachts » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 am

Comfort Afloat in Gosport should be able to help you. Tel 02392 602686
Regards
Caroline

Rob Pike

Post by Rob Pike » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:22 am

many thanks Caroline

Jolly Roger
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by Jolly Roger » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:47 am

I have had a guide to new upholstry for my Fulmar from a couple of well known suppliers and both said about £2500 upward depending on fabric. I have now located a small local firm that has been personally recommeded by 2 Westerly owners and am just about to get a quote from them which should be cheaper.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

Uncle Albert

Post by Uncle Albert » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:04 pm

I used these people for my Centaur interior. As I remember (well it was some 5 years ago) I had two replacement/new foams and all 10 pieces of soft items (cushions, backrests and berths) recovered including stockinette backing/lining in a water resistant velvety type material for about £1,300.00. They were extremely quick and helpful.

http://www.slcupholstery.co.uk/

No connection other than a satisfied customer.

You may get an impression from this.
DSC00007_opt.jpg
DSC00007_opt.jpg (43.49 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
Uncle Albert
CR1702

Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Visited the local upholstery firm this morning and very pleased with the estimate I received. Will get a firm price once they have measured up my Fulmar. Should come out £1000 to £1200 for all cushions including new 4" foam. Certainly half the price from 2 well known firms I already had quotes from.

What are the downsides? Only work locally, so not possible for all owners. The premises are a very scruffy old shed that is not heated, rather than a modern heated unit. Delivery will be about 8 weeks or slightly more.

Also located another local marine upholstery firm that could possibly be worth contacting.

Once I have decided who to use, this will be added to my Renovation of Concerto thread
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

Konsortium
AntiSpam Text: Juliette

Post by Konsortium » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:00 am

Hi, out of interest what sort of condition is your old quarter berth cushion in? I too am doing up a rather tired Konsort and it's my first boat. I don't want to do the cushions just yet as there is a lot of dusty and smelly jobs to do (fuel tank replacement, headlining and General sanding/varnishing) But the previous owner stuffed loads of polythene in the quarter berth void which allowed water and mould to destroy the original blue upholstered foam cushion. If you're likely to throw yours away and it isn't infested with mould, could I have it as a temporary infill, please?

Hot Ayre

Post by Hot Ayre » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Hello Konsortium, we've just acquired second-hand cushions for our Konsort (also working on a budget!!) and about to chuck the quarterberth one though it's still in perfectly useable condition if you don't mind orange/brown stripes. Unfortunately we're in the Hebrides, a long way from Kent. It could possibly be rolled and posted or maybe someone from Kent would enjoy a night's B & B in paradise!!

Konsortium
AntiSpam Text: Juliette

Post by Konsortium » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Sorry for the delay in responding, my wife has been in hospital delivering our new babies, (twins) and we are learning the joys of sleep deprivation, whilst being deliriously happy!

Your offer is a very kind one and a week in paradise sounds hard to refuse! We will however see if anything else turns up on the south coast but thanks again, the offer was very generous of you.

Good luck with you boat!

Hot Ayre

Post by Hot Ayre » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Well, we've kept it while dumping the rest! Just as well you have a Konsort if you're in the habit of adding to your family in twos ;) Congratulations and I hope the sleep deprivation doesn't last long. If nothing else, it's good training for one of those nights when the anchor refuses to hold ... not that a Konsort would ever be so bad-mannered :lol: