Crew Wanted - Plymouth to Weymouth May 15th-18th

Sharon
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Crew Wanted - Plymouth to Weymouth May 15th-18th

Post by Sharon »

Greetings all.

I've just bought a Westerly Centaur which is in Plymouth. I'd like to get it to Weymouth and thought it would be quite fun to sail it round, but it will be my first time on my own, as well as first time with this boat, so would be great to have someone who knows a bit about them to come along & help me out.

I'm not 100% committed to the above dates, but looking at the tides it would seem to work, I was thinking of leaving Plymouth on the Tuesday, going to Brixham, them Brixham to Bridport so it's not too long a trip, then get round Portland (the long way round, not the inshore passage!) on Thursday afternoon, and be in Weymouth for tea & scones by the end of the day on Thursday. With Friday as a back up in case of weather issues.

I have some bits of paper that say I know what I'm doing and I've crewed on boats for the past few years, as well as quite happily driving RIBs around on my own, so I'm not completely clueless, just a bit nervous about this particular undertaking.

If there are any willing experts who would be interested in coming along please get in touch.

Many thanks,
Sharon
TyroSailor

Re: Crew Wanted - Plymouth to Weymouth May 15th-18th

Post by TyroSailor »

Love to help but I shall be at home oop north after two weeks in my boat in the Solent. Amother time: Weymouth is a good base.
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton
Ponypoet

Re: Crew Wanted - Plymouth to Weymouth May 15th-18th

Post by Ponypoet »

I love that area of the Channel.
Did you manage to get your assistance.
I have a Westerly Pentland ketch and been sailing all my life and also tutor for the Yacht masters Cert.
If you need assistance in 2018 let me know.
I am berthed in Sovereign Marina, Eastbourne.
Tony Smith
"Caracymba" 07711 924472