Midlands Meeting of WOA Members

Tigger

Midlands Meeting of WOA Members

Post by Tigger » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:00 am

Midlands' Meeting of WOA Members

By "popular" demand from the Email Group, an informal meeting of WOA's Midland members is to be arranged for 12 noon, at Bromsgrove Golf Club, on Sunday, 2nd November.

Situated on the A38, 3 miles from M5 Junc 4, and central to those who expressed an initial interest, the Club has a pleasant bar/restaurant that serves anything from a sandwich, to a four-course meal. As a guide, their prices are about £8 to £15 for a main course.

The only set Agenda for the meeting is to see whether there is sufficient support to make this, and maybe other types of event, a regular "winter" occasion in the Midlands.

If you wish to attend, please let me know by email, in order to ensure an adequate reservation.

First Mates will be, of course, more than welcome.

I hope you can make it, and I look forward to meeting you.

With best wishes,

John Maries
Vice-Commodore WOA

sakean99
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Re: Midlands Meeting of WOA Members

Post by sakean99 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:52 pm

That sounds interesting, I live about 40 miles away and would be interested in popping in - my daughter lives not too far away at Kingswinford so I might kill 2 birds as they say. I'll stick the date in my diary.
Pentland "Sea Rush" out of Caernarfon, N Wales
Boaty junk to dispose of? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip/

Tigger

Post by Tigger » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:46 am

Hi Sakean99,

Regarding the Midlands Meet, the thing has grown "like topsy" very rapidly and I'm now up against the limit of 25 souls for that venue on that Sunday.

Regretfully, I'm going to have to add you to a reserve list, should you still be interested.

I apologise for this but, with your permission, I will keep you on the list, should future events be forthcoming. Also, with a truer understanding of the possible level of support, I will plan for a larger attendance next time.

With best wishes,

John

V-C WOA

sakean99
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by sakean99 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Thanks, however things have moved on as "craning-out" has been moved to that weekend now, so, even as a reserve, it looks like I'm out of it this time. Have a great night.
Pentland "Sea Rush" out of Caernarfon, N Wales
Boaty junk to dispose of? Chuck it in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Marinaskip/