Mounting a liferaft canister on a Centaur pushpit

s.e.howarth

Mounting a liferaft canister on a Centaur pushpit

Post by s.e.howarth » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:25 pm

I have recently bought a four man canister liferaft and mounting bracket for my Centaur.
I hope to mount it on the push pit but the lack of upright stanchions makes this tricky.
Has anyone done this, or resorted to the coach roof, any advice appreciated?

Regards
Simon Howarth

Barbara
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Mounting a liferaft canister on a Centaur pushpit

Post by Barbara » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:38 pm

We in a similar position with a Pembroke that we have just bought. Doesn't seem to be much space on the pushpit, and I wonder about whether it is strong enough to take the strain. I can see a space in front of the mast that might work, but am reluctant to drill holes in the deck until I am sure it is the best option! Plus the plastic chock and strap set that I got from the chandlers doesn't look particularly robust. Anyone found a good solution?
Thanks
Barbara

poachers lady
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Mounting a liferaft canister on a Centaur pushpit

Post by poachers lady » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am

Hi. had the same issue with my Centaur, but after a lot of brainwork (and luck?) resolved it.

Basically the canister is mounted on the starboard side of the pushpit in its stainless steel cradle. I compensated for the lack of verticals by using opposing pipe brackets on the rail and cradle. These are assembled with suitably cut and drilled strips of stainless steel giving them a 'twist' to allow a for the angle of the two tubes. Proved quite a neat solution. I also put in a small brace to help counteract the extra weight.

Sorry I don't have photos or illustration to hand.
Regards

Mike

Poachers Lady
Centaur