Fulmar Mainsheet Track - Help

Simon66
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Fulmar Mainsheet Track - Help

Post by Simon66 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:58 am

Hi
Previous owners of my Fulmar installed a new mainsheet track which is mounted in the centre of the cockpit (racers). Unfortunately they cut the centre section out of the original track which was mounted on the transom so it cannot be used again. I'm looking to move it back to the transom but will need a replacement track. I've spoken to IYE the original manufacturer who do not have the original design specs, they have advised if I provide a template they can have a go at making one as it curves on two different planes. Given they are making it from my template they cannot guarantee it will fit.
Does anyone have an old track or know where I can get one? Or even know of another company who can make these?

BarryandLinda

Re: Fulmar Mainsheet Track - Help

Post by BarryandLinda » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:38 pm

Have you spoken to Caroline at Trafalgar Yachts. Great font of knowledge on all things Westerly and can probably help you with specs and supply.
Regards Barry

Jolly Roger
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Fulmar Mainsheet Track - Help

Post by Jolly Roger » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:11 pm

In the past the mainsheet had been mounted in the centre of the cockpit on Concerto. When I purchased it, it had been moved aft again using the original track, but very slightly shorter than originally. This is how it should look.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2tcqh1nwx3ct ... 8.jpg?dl=0
The middle is unsupported as the X track is stong enough to take the loads of the mainsheet. You must make sure the track is fixed using through bolts on the two raised sections at the aft end of the cockpit. You should see where the original bolt holes have been filled, and it would be wise to reuse these The port side nuts will be difficult to reach, either by going round from the sail locker or via a openning at the foot of the quarter berth (if you do not have this then it is worth doing).
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/