Westerly Centaur

apexblue7
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Easterly

Westerly Centaur

Post by apexblue7 »

Hi everyone
I'm hoping to upgrade from my current Leisure 23 to the above boat for the coming season and have it moored in my local marina in North Wales.
I am looking at the 4th Centaur in as many weeks and hope to make a decision soon but as my sailing skills are very limited as most of my boating over the last 10 years have been on power boats, I was wondering whether there are any members on the North Wales coast who could assist me with the operations of this boat and perhaps offer some own boat tuition?
Apart from the usual problems of keel and head lining problems is there anything else I should look out for? I do know the original engine has been replaced with a 30HP Lister Letter diesel engine with only 20 hours since a rebuild and I do know this are bullet proof as my current boat still has the original Lister in since 1976. Also as I will be living aboard 2/3 nights a week throughout the year what's the cheapest heating system to use?
Any advice or guidance would greatly be appreciated.
Steve.
TyroSailor
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Westerly Centaur

Post by TyroSailor »

Hi Steve and welcome :)

I live near Liverpool and could help with showing you the ropes, if you want. I did my Coastal Skipper in '03 and have a Centaur in Southampton. PM if you want.

Steve
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton
apexblue7

Post by apexblue7 »

Hi Steve
Thanks for the offer of helping. I will let you know if i buy a Westerly and need the help.
Steve
apexblue7

Post by apexblue7 »

Hi Steve,
Are you available to look at the Centaur with me I am interested in on The Wirral either on Wednesday late morning/lunchtime or a similar time on Saturday? Steve
TyroSailor
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by TyroSailor »

Hi Steve

I've replied via email The short answer is yes, but not this week!
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton