autohelm 3000

paulclarke12
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

autohelm 3000

Post by paulclarke12 »

auto helm 3000 I have a problem with the wheel drive clutch lever. It has become a little flexible so the belt is rubbing and and starting to to fray.
Anybody know where to get replacement parts for the 3000.
Paul
Nigel Birch

Re: autohelm 3000

Post by Nigel Birch »

http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/woafor ... php?t=3282

Spares are hard to come by I think, might be time to consider replacement
Nigel
Konsort "Willow" K200 Topsham
steve parry
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Pentland

Post by steve parry »

Hi Paul,
I have a Autohelm 3000 which has given me sterling service and still is but I still have to nurse it! I have managed to get a spare drive belt and motor(like rocking horse s....!) over the years just to keep it running.

Coming back to your problem...I had a clutch slipping problem on the way back from France this year but not like your problem with the belt. I have a contact in Weymouth who buys up old stock parts and I asked the same question of him..Unfortunately he hasn't any new clutches he sold the last one last year. All is not lost I had a good look at mine and found a small crack where the pin goes through. The whole clutch comes to bits (four in total inc the lever) take a close look at these bits to see if you can see any problems. You can still get the other bulkhead bracket that the clutch slips into, also you can still get the fluxigate compass that is in the control head (both are on ebay).

I am happy to discuss over the phone which may be a better solution than trying to explain over the forum. (telephone No in book or PM me)

Regards

Steve Parry - Yacht WALKABOUT
steve parry

Post by steve parry »

Hi Paul,

Further to my last: I have just Googled clutch for the 3000 and you can still get them, however, you have to send to the States to get it, cost $48 which at the current exchange rate isn't that bad. That's if the problem you have with your system is the clutch assembly?

Regards

Steve Parry - WALKABOUT
steve parry

Post by steve parry »

Hi Paul,

Have you solved your problem? Or have you bought a new auto helm?

Steve Parry
paulclarke12

Post by paulclarke12 »

Hi Steve thanks for your reply. Dont go on forum very often so only just seen message. If you have address of firm in usa that deals with autohelm 3000 could you please post it on forum. Apart from the belt not running true it works fine. New version is very expensive.
yours Paul
Big Andy
Location: Me Newport, Boat Milford Haven, soon to be else where.

Post by Big Andy »

Hi Paul, this could be the one that Steve is talking about.
https://www.i3dgear.com/online-store/Mo ... -p86310294
Westerly Corsair.
Pemva.
steve parry

Post by steve parry »

Hi Paul,

If you just google AUTOHELM 3000 Parts then you will see that various bits come up from belts,clutch's etc (but not motors they are like rocking horse sh....!!) Sometimes you get full second hand systems on the web, but be careful not so long ago (2 years) I got taken for £100 for a full system that a guy had for sale in reply to my advert on the WOA website (be aware it also appears on the world wide web as well and that's he got the the advert from on the wanted side.

I hope this helps?

Regards

Steve - WALKABOUT
steve parry

Post by steve parry »

Hi Paul,

Just seen Big Andy's post, It wasn't that site I was talking about but it is interesting? It looks like the same thing but I don't know if it would replace a AUTOHELM Part (sizes etc)

Regards

Steve - WALKABOUT