Unusual tidal stream in the western Solent

TyroSailor
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Unusual tidal stream in the western Solent

Post by TyroSailor »

Hmmmmm.
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton
Hillary

Post by Hillary »

I was thinking of ways to keep Moonshine's Batteries and Engine from freezing and also to keep condensation from forming in the cabin when the boat is closed up over the winter. I was also wondering if there was a good and safe way to keep the cabin warm enough for winter stays.
After some research I purchased an 800 watt greenhouse electric heater. It was less than £20 and has a frost setting. We stayed over on the boat last weekend and it did get appreciably chilly. However the greenhouse heater kept the cabin nice and warm all night. Most of the Marina's in the solent have electricity and many them include it free with the berthing fees.
Moonshine, Centaur CR1149
TyroSailor

Post by TyroSailor »

Not mine,sadly. Very few of the berths have electricity and those that have it get charged £3/day, which can work out expensive; same price in the yard, if one of the four sockets, all in the same corner, is available.

Antifreeze in the FW coolant and drain the exhaust pipe of its seawater is the way to go. Apparently.
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton