Konsort windlass

Chris&Kat
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Konsort windlass

Post by Chris&Kat » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:52 am

Hi All. We are looking at fitting a vertical windlass to our Konsort. We have looked at the posts here and other forums, but could still do with some help.
Does any be have any advice on positioning. We are on a swinging mooring to a chain strop and ideally would like to keep the original centre cleat.... We were just wondering what other people had done.

Many thanks Chris and Kat.

aquaplane

Re: Konsort windlass

Post by aquaplane » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Not vertical, not a Konsort, and it's cluttered but we aren't short of cleats:

Our chain strop comes over the bow roller alongside the Windlass to the center cleat. It could go round either side cleat to the center one or just to either side, they all have good backing plates.

The backing plate and the bolts for the windlass make lumpy bumps in the forecabin head lining but not as much as a windlass motor hanging in there.
Bob.
Centaur now sold. Boating from Tarbert.

Chris&Kat

Post by Chris&Kat » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Thank you for the info. I have had a good look at the picture. I think I would prefer a vertical windlass, just to keep the deck clearer ..... It's still just an idea... Lots of procrastinating... Cheers

Cobweb

Post by Cobweb » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:03 pm

Hi Chris&Cat
I had horizontal windlass fitted to our Konsort, but managed to fit it forward of the anchor chain locker bulkhead so the bolts do not show in the forecabin deckhead.

rhumlady

Post by rhumlady » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 pm

My Konsort has the same windlass as Bob's and fits over the chain locker so no bolts in the forecabin.
Derek
Konsort 'Rhumlady' KT213