Post by CMH » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:50 am

Albert
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: ideasnot

Re: Sealord Owners

Post by Albert » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:20 pm

Another Sealord has turned up.

OUTREACH.

Came 5th in The Round The Island Yacht Race 2010 apparently., Class 4c.
Albert

CMH

Post by CMH » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:36 pm

CMH wrote:If you know Albert, I welcome the correction, this is why they are sometimes impossible to track!

I cannot find anything on this one in the Canaries, but will endeavour I would like to hear the story.

RUNNING LIST

'Renaissance' SD2, South of France
'Brilliance' SD 4, Sadly lost at sea
'Sealord VI' SD 6, Turkey
'Liberta' SD 8 was in Weymouth, UK
'Outreach' SD 10, South Coast, UK
'Wandering Star' SD 11 Dover, UK
'Midknight Ketch' SD 12 River Blackwater
'Papajou' SD 16, Mediteranean
'Spellbound' SD 23, Texas
'Tighmara' SD 25, Mediteranean
'Camomile' SD 28, New Zealand
'Sea Dreams' SD 30 was on Lake Sabine, TX
'Vinatge' SD 31 listed by the original poster
'Sea Keveral' SD 34 (?), Whitby
'Highland Sealord SD 34, Oban, UK
'Vilkas SD 37, America
'Westerly Serenade' SD 39, Chile
'Tai Hu' SD 40, Milford Haven, UK
'Freedom SD 41, Lleystad, Netherlands
'Serendipity' SD 42, Plymouth, UK

AND.....

'Lordship' listed in WOA book, but sail no unknown. Based in France.

'Laska', sail no? Pictured on this site!

'Nirvana' sail no ? Was in Portugal.

'Felix' sail no? North Carolina.

'Take five' sail no ?' Was in America.

26 Accounted for!
Had 'Outreach' covered Albert! :wink: while we're here : http://www.outreachmaritime.com/Home/Ab ... reach.aspx

Absolute hulk, very clean lines and obviously the vessel used in the sailing school.

Gordon Patrick
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by Gordon Patrick » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi Albert et al,

Before Christmas we received a seasonal email greeting from the owners of "Pindar" a Westerly Konsort presently in the USA on the Potomac River S of Washington DC. We met them some years ago, c2005 when we were on a "Flowers of Greece" trip with the Ramblers. We were in a delightful and very small port called Monemvasia on the eastern side of the Peleponesse when we saw what we knew to be a Westerly appear at the harbour entrance. After getting acqainted we had refreshments onboard Penmar before rejoining our party. Recently they have bought a Sea Lord in South Wales and have renamed her "Spirit of Penmar", don't know the original name. WOA members will have contact details in their year books.

Gordon Patrick
Fulmar Serene

Gordon Patrick

Post by Gordon Patrick » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi,

That Konsort is called Penmar not Pindar, mea culpa.

Gordon Patrick

Albert

Post by Albert » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:18 pm

Gordon Patrick wrote:Hi Albert et al,

Before Christmas we received a seasonal email greeting from the owners of "Pindar" a Westerly Konsort presently in the USA on the Potomac River S of Washington DC. We met them some years ago, c2005 when we were on a "Flowers of Greece" trip with the Ramblers. We were in a delightful and very small port called Monemvasia on the eastern side of the Peleponesse when we saw what we knew to be a Westerly appear at the harbour entrance. After getting acqainted we had refreshments onboard Penmar before rejoining our party. Recently they have bought a Sea Lord in South Wales and have renamed her "Spirit of Penmar", don't know the original name. WOA members will have contact details in their year books.

Gordon Patrick
Fulmar Serene
Hello Gordon, Happy New Year.
As it happens I know the Potomac reasonably well, its on the Chesapeake Bay and one hell of a river when the wind builds up. :shock: I had heard of a Westerly thereabouts but my American informants were not able to pinpoint it as a Konsort although I was assured she has twin keels. So I presumed it was a Konsort Duo.

Do they still have it and bought a Sealord 39 as well ? ...Or have they sold it to buy this Sealord in South Wales ? If you are in contact with them it would be interesting to know her Sail Number and Build Number which can be seen on the top right hand corner of the stern just under the teak rubbing strake. That would be a help. Thanks Gordon.
Albert

Gordon Patrick

Post by Gordon Patrick » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:50 am

Hi Albert,

I have mentioned to them the Sea Lord interest on this site. I'll let you know if I hear anymore.

Gordon Patrick

rhumlady
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by rhumlady » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:36 pm

The 'Duo' I believe referes to the twin steering positions as it is a motor sailer. Sorry if I am teaching granny to suck eggs here;-)
Derek
Konsort 'Rhumlady' KT213

Gordon Patrick

Post by Gordon Patrick » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:14 am

Hi,

Penmar is indeed a standard Konsort with added comforts. I recall when we were onboard they also had a stove installed for additional warmth when needed.

Gordon Patrick
Fulmar Serene

Spirit of Penmar

Post by Spirit of Penmar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:25 am

Just to confirm that we are indeed the new owners of Sealord SD40, previously called "Tai Hu" and now renamed "Spirit of Penmar". She is currently located in Neyland, Milford Haven.

We haven't yet sold Penmar, who is currently stranded in Solomon's Island in the Chesapeake (not the Potomac River) and is due to be shipped home to Fareham in early March. After a quick spruce up, she will be going on the market if anyone is interested. She's a fin keeled Konsort, with loads of gear and has safely carried us over 20,000 miles. We will be heartbroken to say goodbye to her, but new adventures on the Sealord will dampen the pain!

Albert

Post by Albert » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:57 am

Spirit of Penmar wrote:Just to confirm that we are indeed the new owners of Sealord SD40, previously called "Tai Hu" and now renamed "Spirit of Penmar". She is currently located in Neyland, Milford Haven.

We haven't yet sold Penmar, who is currently stranded in Solomon's Island in the Chesapeake (not the Potomac River) and is due to be shipped home to Fareham in early March. After a quick spruce up, she will be going on the market if anyone is interested. She's a fin keeled Konsort, with loads of gear and has safely carried us over 20,000 miles. We will be heartbroken to say goodbye to her, but new adventures on the Sealord will dampen the pain!
Hello and welcome to the Sealord Circle ! We look forward to interesting and constructive dialogue.

I know Solomons very well, and have excellent connections there if you need anything.

Penmar must be either at Zandheimer's or Solomons Island Marina, I should guess.

You will not regret having your Sealord, once the flagship of the Westerly Fleet. :D
Albert

Spirit of Penmar

Post by Spirit of Penmar » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

Thanks Albert.

Penmar is at Spring Cove marina. Thanks for the offer of local info, but we will wait until she is back in the UK before undertaking any work on her, before she goes up for sale.

Regards,
Niki Phillips

CMH

Post by CMH » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Link to SD 23 'Spellbound', looks o be in great condition, lying in Blaine, Washington

Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:00 pm

I've had a look. Beautiful !
It just goes to show if you have total unhindered access to your boat and you look after it this is the result.
I am contacting Yachtworld tomorrow to ask them to let the new owner know when the boat is sold that this thread exists on this site. :D
Albert

CMH

Post by CMH » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:15 am

The best I have seen is 'Sealord VI', it was for sale last year in Turkey having been piloted there from the UK. They use to have a website, but I'm not sure if it's still operational. I'll see if i can get a link up soon.