Sealord Owners

Albert
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: ideasnot

Re: Sealord Owners

Post by Albert » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Hola Frank, how are you ? I hear you have fitted a ROCNA and are very happy with it. Which size have you chosen may I ask ?
Albert

FrankH
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by FrankH » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Gday Albert,
I fitted a 25 kg Rocna, so far so good.
Frank
Colonia de Sarmiento,
Uruguay

Albert

Post by Albert » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:33 pm

Thanks Frank, exactly as I thought. Kind Regards, Albert.
Albert

FrankH
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by FrankH » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Gday Albert,
Since I fitted it last October it' has been used in about 90 different anchorages between P Montt, P Williams and Punta Arenas. Set first time ever time.
Only hiccup was when it was - by necessity - on a fairly short scope in a place called Caleta Ferrari in TdF. A racha on the far side of 70 knots ( thats when it pegs the ammeter on the wind gen) saw us drag about 20 metres before taking up again. The only other boat in the anchorage, a 68 foot French boat ( ex global challenge?), dragged clean past us in the same gust so I'm not complaining.
Cheers
Frank

Albert

Post by Albert » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Hola Frank,
Independently I have been given very good reports of it and found your comment on a Rocna site, that is why I ask, as we have sister ships. I have a 45 lb plough which is good enough for balmy days and sandy bottoms. It is the rougher days with weedy bottoms that concern me. So I am getting a 45 pounder like yours for winter sailing.
Thanks. Nice to hear from you.
Saludos Cordiales.
Albert.
Albert

Christelle et JR
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: jeanremy

Post by Christelle et JR » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:38 pm

Hello ! :)

Firstly, I'm sorry for my very bad english language... :oops: We are french Westerly owners !

To complete the liste, I just wanted to say that Westerly Sealord n°2 formerly named "Lion's Tail" is now "Renaissance".
At present, it's based in France, in a port of the Mediterranean Sea (Sète).
We have a small blog on our boat Renaissance to tell our events of every day... http://voyage-de-renaissance.over-blog.com

I also wanted to say to you that it's very pleasant to find the others Westerly SD owners !!

If luckily, somebody speaks French, it's with pleasure that we can correspond more "easyly" lol...

Thanks to you :wink:

Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:00 am

Christelle et JR wrote:Hello ! :)

Firstly, I'm sorry for my very bad english language... :oops: We are french Westerly owners !

To complete the liste, I just wanted to say that Westerly Sealord n°2 formerly named "Lion's Tail" is now "Renaissance".
At present, it's based in France, in a port of the Mediterranean Sea (Sète).
We have a small blog on our boat Renaissance to tell our events of every day... http://voyage-de-renaissance.over-blog.com

I also wanted to say to you that it's very pleasant to find the others Westerly SD owners !!

If luckily, somebody speaks French, it's with pleasure that we can correspond more "easyly" lol...

Thanks to you :wink:
Ah! Quelle Merveille! Soiyez bienvenu a notre circle, immediatement !
Cela c'est un circle ou d'habitude on parle L'Anglais, lorsque C'est un Website Anglais.
De toute facon, votre Sealord est le premier qui porte un drapeau Francais ici.
Continuez SVP de faire votre contributions en Anglais, pour benificier les autres membres, meme si vous de temps en temps vous vous trompez avec cettle langue notre que nous memes acceptons n'est pas facile ! :lol:

Si vous avez de problemes, toujours vous pouvez m'envoyer un PM.

L'an prochain, parsque mon bateau est aux Etats Unis dans ce moment, je pense de faire une visite par la Cote D'Azur...
Peut etre on pourra faire un rendevous...Ca serait simpat ! :D

Literal Translation:~

Ah ! How wonderful ! Welcome to our circle, immediately !
In this circle habitually we speak / post in English, as it is an English Website.
In any event, your Sealord is the first logged here to carry a French Ensign.
Please continue to make your posts in English, for the benefit of other members, even if on occasion you make errors, in (the use of) this difficult language of ours that we ourselves concede is not an easy one, :lol:

If you have any problems you are welcome to PM me.

Next year, since my boat is in the USA at the moment, I am considering doing a cruise along the Cote D'Azur.....perhaps we can make an arrangement to meet...that would be fun ! :D
Albert

Christelle et JR

Post by Christelle et JR » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:56 pm

Hello it would with pleasure be to see itself to mediterranée.for the great-coat(hood) of roof thank you but we have to redo her(it) totaly with arch you are of what quoted(esteemed) in the United States? Friendly

Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Right....This is what the above charming post in mangled English means:~

"We would be very pleased to meet you in the Mediteranean. Insofar as the sprayhood is concerned, many thanks for your kind offer. However we have to refit ourselves and that includes making up a new frame in stainless steel. Where are you in the United States ? Friendly Regards."...that's the gist of it...sort of... :D
Albert

Albert

Post by Albert » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 pm

Je ne suis pas moi meme aux Etats Unis. Le bateau est la. Je suis en Europe. Je pense de faire le voyage Transatlantique cet an, plus ou moins en Juin.

Translation:~

I myself am not in the USA. The boat is there. I am in Europe. I am considering doing the Transatlantic crossing more or less in June.
Albert

Christelle et JR

Post by Christelle et JR » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:12 pm

Hello Albert!
I am sorry for this bad answer ; I had suggested to my friend using the translator, and he made it but he didn't read again and verify ! :roll:
It's not really easy to express us correctly...

I wanted to ask you... Do you have pictures of your sailboat? Thank you.
We have already seen Frank's magnificent photos...
It really gives envy (?) to travel ! But it stays some more of works...

:D

Albert

Post by Albert » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Christelle et JR wrote:Hello Albert!
I am sorry for this bad answer ; I had suggested to my friend using the translator, and he made it but he didn't read again and verify ! :roll:
It's not really easy to express us correctly...

I wanted to ask you... Do you have pictures of your sailboat? Thank you.
We have already seen Frank's magnificent photos...
It really gives envy (?) to travel ! But it stays some more of works...

:D
Bonjour Christelle,

My Sealord is in America. I am sailing it to the Mediterranean in May this year. We will probably take videos during the crossing, which will be in one go, without stopping. So then you will be able to see pictures.

I know your boat is undergoing work. When all the work is finished you will have one of the best centre cockpit boats in the world. 42 were built. All are sailing. Very few go on sale at any time. That is the reason. :D
Albert

Albert

Re: Sealord Owners - Measuring Job Please.

Post by Albert » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:59 pm

As my Sealord is not to hand, I have the problem of a weak teak grating in the cockpit that needs strengthening from underneath with strong mahogany strips. The most vulnerable grating is the first one you step onto when leaving the main hatch and entering the cockpit, because it is the longest.(there are three).

I have secured a well seasoned honduras mahogany plank that I have already cut into suitably wide and thick strips to do the job. I have to send them air freight to the US and I would like to fit them in a box together with spare parts.,

I need to know what the length of the underside of this grating is, that is, the length of the cavity under the grating to be more exact.

Sealords and Oceanlords have identical gratings.

May I ask any owner member when you have a chance to measure the underside lengthways only and post the result, in inches please, or contact me by PM.

Many Thanks in Advance.Albert
Albert

sharkstoothchris

Post by sharkstoothchris » Wed May 05, 2010 9:54 pm

Albert,

Probably a bit late and not sure exactly what dimension you are after, but I will be on my boat in the next 2 weeks and can measure then.

If you want to e mail me a sketch of the dimension you are after my e mail is sharkstoothchris@yahoo.co.uk if it helps.

Chris

Albert

Post by Albert » Thu May 06, 2010 2:45 am

Thanks Chris. I will board her on Wed 12th. Sailing her from the US to Gibraltar in one pull. The grating matter has been resolved. Your offer much appreciated nonetheless.
Albert