1000 and still going!

Jolly Roger
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

1000 and still going!

Post by Jolly Roger » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:06 pm

Puzzled by the title, well this is my 1,000th post on the forum. I doubt if anyone has read them all, but hope you have found those you have read to be helpful or inspirational. So far I have not found another WOA forum member to break 1,000 posts.

The thread I started as general information about renovating my Fulmar Concerto has been very popular with currently just under 18,000 hits and is the second most read thread on the forum - despite me only making only 61 posts in the thread. I can remember when it 1,000 hits, then 5,000, then 10,000, then 15,000. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect anything like this, it was never intended.

Another spin off from the Forum has been assisting with private advice to 2 people who each wanted to buy a Fulmar. They sent details of the Fulmars they were interested in and I passed comments about the positives and negatives, what to check and a guide to what they could do to improve them. They both bought the boat I recommended to them. Neither of these people were regular forum posters, but I try my best to help. One was moving from a small keel boat to a Fulmar, but being French caused a few difficulties in translation. This was made worse by one of the boats being in Spain and he did not speak Spanish and vendor did not speak French, but luckily there was a better boat near him in France. Both these owners are delighted with their boats.

In one thread I suggested a new owner to sailing he should come sail with me, but we will be doing this in the near future. So I will pass on a bit of my sailing skills to help a sailing newby. It is a pleasure to be able to help in yet another way.

With the new WOA web site due for launching shortly, which I have helped with the testing, I doubt if anyone else will reach 1,000 posts due to the new way it will be working. As usual I seem to keep my posts fairly chatty, but I think I have said enough for this momentous event.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/