tracing the history of my centaur Boukadoura 2

BOUKADOURA 2
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: westerly

tracing the history of my centaur Boukadoura 2

Post by BOUKADOURA 2 » Tue May 29, 2018 6:00 pm

I am trying to get some history regarding my Westerly Centaur. The yard number is SOU201276. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
The previous owners rescued her from a storage compound, full of water with a rotten engine in Hartlepool about 2015. She was in a bit of a mess but she was re engine and cleaned up and polished to a lovely clean hull. I would love to know what she has been up to since build. Her sail number which I believe to be original is CR1634.
I retained her name on re registration Boukadoura 2.
Her S.S.R. registration number is 05890.

Just hope anyone can assist.

Cheers

Albert.
Albert. Retired with a little dog (Natasha) Yacht BOUKADOURA 2. Coquet Yacht Club member (Amble)
Quote - Don't give up until you stop breathing. :D

TyroSailor
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: tracing the history of my centaur Boukadoura 2

Post by TyroSailor » Wed May 30, 2018 11:35 am

Hi Albert

My Centaur is 1361 and was built in 1975, so yours will be a year or two later.

That seems a strange yard number - it should be in the same format as the sail number, but with a K instead of the CR. Some (including mine), but by no means all, have the same yard and sail number. Mine's on a little metal plate above the companionway.

Trafalgar Yacht Services at Fareham might have some records - they are the world fount of wisdom and spares for all things Westerly. http://www.westerly-yachts.co.uk/contact_us.php David & Caroline Hardy are very knowledgeable and helpful. The SSR people may also be able to help, depending on when she was registered.

Good luck!
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton

Willhc

Post by Willhc » Wed May 30, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi Albert,

Your SOU number looks like a hull number, rather than a yard number. Depending on her age, it may be stamped onto the port transom (just below the rubbing strake). It should have a / and then two more numbers, indicating the year the hull was built.

The Yard number should be on a screw on plate at the hatch. Mine is very warm but can just be made out. As Tyro/Steve has said, this is a K and then a four digit number. And because Westerly were a little odd, there is quite a good chance that it may not match your sail number!

Good luck with your search,

Will

Jolly Roger

Post by Jolly Roger » Wed May 30, 2018 10:22 pm

Albert

The SOU number is the Lloyds Hull Certification number.

The yard number can usually be found written on the underside of locker lids if there is no yard plate.

The SSR number suggests it would have been issued about 1981 give or take a year.

You could use old copies of the list of members to see if she was owned by a member of WOA. This might partially fill in where she was moored in the past.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

BOUKADOURA 2
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by BOUKADOURA 2 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks for the information received so far.
I am going to the boat this weekend so I will check and confirm all the information as pointed out.
I hope to be able to at least find a few previous owners as I am sure they may wish to know how she has faired over the years.
Best wishes to all who can help and to all fellow Westerly owners.
Albert.
Albert. Retired with a little dog (Natasha) Yacht BOUKADOURA 2. Coquet Yacht Club member (Amble)
Quote - Don't give up until you stop breathing. :D