Hello. New Centaur owner

UserError
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Hello. New Centaur owner

Post by UserError » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:11 pm

Hello,
We've just bought a Centaur CR1222, having wanted one for much of my life. She is currently called Polly B, previously Anne-Marie and is based at Emsworth for the time being. She has been neglected - untouched (through the previous owner's ill health) for up to two years, but other than being really grubby (there was a plant growing in the cockpit guano) she seems pretty reasonable, with not much water in her bilges.

I've sailed all my life on & off (too much off) & my wife has sailed a bit with me.

We joined the WOA straightaway and look forward to our ownership & comms on the forum.

I obviously have a million questions, but am handy with search terms before asking.

Regards
Centaur Polly B
Littlehampton

Jolly Roger
Anti Spam measure: No

Re: Hello. New Centaur owner

Post by Jolly Roger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:56 am

Welcome to the wonderful world of Westerly ownership.

There are many owners of Centaurs on the forum who can help with specific questions and plenty more people who can advise on general matters. We are a bit like a large family and hope we can encourage you to join in your local WOA events. In the Solent there is a group of Centaur owners who meet fairly regularly, so join them for some fun.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

UserError
Anti Spam measure: Yes

Post by UserError » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:20 pm

H,
Thanks. I try to gen up on stuff before asking, but sure there will be lots of Q's over time.

Hopefully next season we'll meet a few from the area. There are two Centaurs in our club, one of whom I saw in the WOA 2011 yearbook that came with the boat & another I'll catch up with in due course.
Cheers
J
Centaur Polly B
Littlehampton

TyroSailor
Anti Spam measure: No

Post by TyroSailor » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:08 pm

Hello and welcome :)

There are Centaurs and their owners all over the place - it seems that every marina or mooring has at least one (there are four in my marina). I've ony been sailing mine this season but have been quite impressed by its performance and comfort. Everyone keeps telling me that they're good boats, and I'm starting to believe them, notwithstanding that I bought the wrong one!

You'll fine that we're all pretty helpful on here, and if there's one thing that sailors like more than sailing it's talking about sailing.

All the best

Steve
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton