Renown/Pentland owners advice required

TorRenown
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Renown/Pentland owners advice required

Post by TorRenown » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:25 pm

I'd like to fit a wind generator to the boat, I have 2 110AH that could really do with another means of charging other than the alternator. As most of us are ketch rigged I'm not sure what the best set up would be without having a S/S A frame made to stick out the back.
I heard of a Pentland with the small Rutland onboard, is it on the standard pole that you can buy with it and I take it clears the mizzen sail. The other option is to fit the vertical spinning one and attach it to the mizzen. I'm not sure what the performance is like and it's a bit on the expensive side.

Thanks in advance
Graham

Vegable

Re: Renown/Pentland owners advice required

Post by Vegable » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:11 am

Hi Graham,

"The new owner has put a Rutland Generator on her and when I get back home I'll send you a picture of her...providing she's still there of course."

Back in the UK now, but dashing off to Arisaig tomorrow to put Conspiracy in the water on Sunday.
In an earlier post in reference to your renovation video I mentioned the above. Well yesterday I was down at Pwllheli harbour and there was Annabella on her trots mooring. If you care to send me a private email from this site I'll send you the 3 piccys in all their glory. I think you should be able to work out how it's been fitted.
When I come back in May I"ll put them on here.
Mike
"There is nothing worse than running ashore, unless you are uncertain as to which continent that shore belongs"

TorRenown

Post by TorRenown » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:16 am

Vegable wrote:Hi Graham,

"The new owner has put a Rutland Generator on her and when I get back home I'll send you a picture of her...providing she's still there of course."

Back in the UK now, but dashing off to Arisaig tomorrow to put Conspiracy in the water on Sunday.
In an earlier post in reference to your renovation video I mentioned the above. Well yesterday I was down at Pwllheli harbour and there was Annabella on her trots mooring. If you care to send me a private email from this site I'll send you the 3 piccys in all their glory. I think you should be able to work out how it's been fitted.
When I come back in May I"ll put them on here.
Mike

I've PM you Mike regards
Graham

steve parry
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Pentland

Post by steve parry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Hi Graham,

I have a Pentland with a Rutland 504 on the back of it, if you have been talking with Marlec (makers of the Rutland) they asked me a couple of years ago to take some pictures of my set up which I sent to them.So I am that man you may of heard of!!

My set up is to my own design and I did not use any parts that were available on the standard fit ie poles, stays etc. I think I may have the photographs still on my computer, I will have a look for you and let you know.

Regards

Steve

steve parry

Post by steve parry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi Graham,

Just had a look on my computer and all I have got on there are some general pictures of the boat with the wind generator in place, I am happy to email them to you if you want? I will have a look through my disks to see if I have down loaded the pictures I sent to Marlec on them but that may take some time!

Failing that...Next time I am down the boat I can take some pictures for you and email them to you or have a talk with Marlec to see if they still have those pictures I sent them...Name of the yacht is WALKABOUT.

Regards

Steve

steve parry

Post by steve parry » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi Graham,

I feel if I am hogging the forum!!

The good news is I have found the photo's I sent to Marlec. If you would like to email me (address in members book) then I can sent them direct to you. I also have a photo of a Rutland that was put up the mizen mast.

Regards

Steve

TorRenown

Post by TorRenown » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:43 pm

steve parry wrote:Hi Graham,

I feel if I am hogging the forum!!

The good news is I have found the photo's I sent to Marlec. If you would like to email me (address in members book) then I can sent them direct to you. I also have a photo of a Rutland that was put up the mizen mast.

Regards

Steve
Hi Steve glad you found the photos I've PM'ed you with my email address

Regards
Graham