Westerly Renown R1 on going renovation

TorRenown
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Westerly Renown R1 on going renovation

Post by TorRenown » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:07 pm

http://youtu.be/IZEWlE_W7OQ

Westerly Renown, R1, Tor Renown, Plymouth, Devon.

Vegable

Re: Westerly Renown R1 on going renovation

Post by Vegable » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:51 pm

Wow, wow, and thrice wow! How long did that take? I bet the delight of launching was only beaten by the exhilaration of the first sail. Full of admiration for you. Very well done. And, you've got the very first Renown! Thank you also for the video, really enjoyable.
Mike
"There is nothing worse than running ashore, unless you are uncertain as to which continent that shore belongs"

TorRenown

Post by TorRenown » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi Mike. Thanks for the positive feedback. I have owned her now for about 4 years. It took about 3 years to get her into the water and that was mainly because I'm in the military and work away, so it could have been done quicker. There are still a few jobs to do and as ever things I'd like to buy. Yes, the first one, show boat at the London boat show I'm also the second owner which for a boat this age is pretty good. I see that you have a Renown as well, what's her name and any chance of a picture? And where do you sail? Glad you like the video

Regards

Graham

Vegable

Post by Vegable » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:49 am

Hi Graham,
I had a Renown for about 16 years. Bought very much unloved but in better condition than yours was from Brighton Marina in 1992. She was then called Galoosh but we changed her to Annabella. We lived then in Inverness and had her road transported up there from Brighton. We sailed out of Arisaig, near the Isle of Skye, then in 2008 sailed her down to Pwllheli in N.Wales. When I looked at the statistics on the gps when we arrived, I found that we recorded 10.8 knots coming across the Irish Sea from Howth to Pwllheli! I knew we were sailing well and surfing, but not that fast! We sold her in 2012 in Pwllheli. The new owner has put a Rutland Generator on her and when I get back home I'll send you a picture of her...providing she's still there of course.
I have an Oceanranger now and still sail out of Arisaig. If you're a member of WOA, it's my log at the back of the Winter 2015 magazine, sailing to and around the Faroes.
Best regards
Mike
"There is nothing worse than running ashore, unless you are uncertain as to which continent that shore belongs"

Kutassy

Post by Kutassy » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Graham,

I was the nosey parker you were kind enough to entertain for 5 minutes at Fowey. She's a fabulous boat and the video is a great testament to the amount of work you've done and the tenacity you've shown.

She is positively cavernous inside or certainly feels it compared to the Centaur. A lovely boat.
Jon
Centaur Sail#1962 "FREE"
Torpoint
http://sailing-free.co.uk

TorRenown

Post by TorRenown » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Kutassy wrote:Hi Graham,

I was the nosey parker you were kind enough to entertain for 5 minutes at Fowey. She's a fabulous boat and the video is a great testament to the amount of work you've done and the tenacity you've shown.

She is positively cavernous inside or certainly feels it compared to the Centaur. A lovely boat.
Hi Jon

Thank you, still work in progress like most boats!! Lol

Steering problems this time, so it's all coming apart again!

If you want to join the Tamar River Sailing Club let me know and I'll meet up with you and show you round all you need to do is visit the club twice and fill in the paper work and wait of the committee to sit and your in.

I'm sure I've got your mobile number in my log book so will send you a text, failing that send me a text.

Regards

Graham

rogerball0
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by rogerball0 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:19 pm

Just watched the vid on youtube, bloody brilliant mate well done!

TorRenown

Post by TorRenown » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:09 pm

rogerball0 wrote:Just watched the vid on youtube, bloody brilliant mate well done!
Thanks Roger keen to see how your Centaur is getting on could you send me this link please

rogerball0
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by rogerball0 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:31 am

Not alots happened as paid works getting in the way (as always), link to my blog is my signature at the bottom of each post:

www.agentlemansyacht.com

cheers