Westerly Pageant 23. Where to Buy.

george brannan
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Westerly Pageant 23. Where to Buy.

Post by george brannan » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Hello all. I recently lost out on the purchase of a 1978 Pageant in good condition on a good 4 wheeled braked road trailer, which was not essential to the purchase, c/w a volvo penta 13.5 hp diesel engine. It was priced at £4900.00 ono. which was a great price. Having looked at the boat we started the engine with a expert in tow, but unfortunately I lost out after making a decent offer! The seller sold it to their cousin, who had decided he suddenly wanted the boat. Oh well back to the ' For sales ' My main Question is, where do I look for to Buy a Pageant, as it seems to tick all the boxes as I want to upgrade from my Leisure 17 Yacht to a larger more stable boat with much more space inside? Are Pageants like ' Hens Teeth ' in their rarity? Surely if more than 550 were built would there be not more in the For Sales market? Or are they just such a great boat that the owners, being satisfied with them, are reluctant to part with same? Is there a ' Yachts for sale ' section on the Website? :? Regards, George.

aquaplane

Re: Westerly Pageant 23. Where to Buy.

Post by aquaplane » Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:26 pm

Does it have to be a Paegent?

For £5000 you should be able to get a sailable Centaur, you won't get a trailer though, or be able to trail it.

A good philosophy is to buy a boat within 20 miles of where you will keep it.OK stretch it to 50 miles.

The Leisure 23 is a decent boat but probably doesn't have the space of a Paegent.

I like the look of a Jeanneau Tonic too, you may end up with an outboard in a well with one of those though.

Perhaps I should shut up before I'm burnt at the stake for heresy now :D .
Bob.
Centaur now sold. Boating from Tarbert.

george brannan

Post by george brannan » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks for the speedy reply Aquaplane. I like the Spec of the Centaur as well. The trouble is my home harbour has a Max Regulation of no more than 25ft long and the Centaur is 26ft. They're very strict on that one! But surely the WOA has a ' Boats for Sale ' section on the Web-site, but, where do I find it? George

philipstevens
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by philipstevens » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:22 am

regards,
Philip.
Moderator and Admin.

Previous owner of Konsort Duo, Oyster, KD22

Join the WOA - only £15 per year (UK) http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/ab_join.php

http://www.marketmechina.com/ & http://www.celticwebdesign.net

george brannan

Post by george brannan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:37 am

Thanks Philip. Couldn't find the link to the classified section off the home site. Yes, there is a couple of great looking Pageants for sale but distance wise as I am in County Down a problem to transport them back. I don't think I could attempt a sail back from the Humber or indeed the South Coast. North Wales and West coast of England up to Western Scotland would be within my target areas for buying. The road and ferry transport costs back home would be Astronomical I would say from the East and South. Regards, George

philipstevens
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by philipstevens » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:07 am

Possible road trip across England from east to west, then sail across the Irish Sea??
regards,
Philip.
Moderator and Admin.

Previous owner of Konsort Duo, Oyster, KD22

Join the WOA - only £15 per year (UK) http://www.westerly-owners.co.uk/ab_join.php

http://www.marketmechina.com/ & http://www.celticwebdesign.net

Big-Bang1

Post by Big-Bang1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Shame you're so far away, there is a chap near me that has a Pageant for sale complete with a 5 year old Beta 20hp and full spray hood / cockpit tent for £4500! Shame it's in Cornwall.

That aside I used to own a Leisure 23SL and comparing it to the Pageant it was smaller inside although not by much, sailed well but was rather tippy/fragile feeling in comparison.
CR2163

george brannan

Post by george brannan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Thanks Big Bang 1. Where has the guy you know with the Pageant have it advertised? I haven't seen it yet on the main ' Yachts for Sale ' websites! I suppose I could consider Philip's Novel Suggestion of getting the boat to a harbour on the East Coast and sailing it home across the Sea, but my skills as a Sailor are not so advanced that I'd feel happy with attempting that! I've had some good Transportation Compare quotes on the Shipley site and a couple are quite competitive. Maybe the way to go, Eh? Cheers, George.

Big-Bang1

Post by Big-Bang1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:11 am

Hi George!

I don't thinks it's advertised on a website at all, It's got a wooden 'For Sale' board on it with a phone number and some details. I'm going to Golant to check my boat tomorrow morning and I'll take a picture or two of it while I'm down there and message them to yopu if you like?
CR2163

george brannan

Post by george brannan » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:49 pm

Thanks Big-Bang 1, that would be great. As I said before, I've been pricing the Haulage of that size so for the right boat it is still possible budget wise. I noted Bob's advice earlier about buying the right boat within 50 miles of so but where I live it's not possible! Right Boat, Hen's Teeth, in this Neck of the woods would explain my problem. Thanks, G

Big-Bang1

Post by Big-Bang1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 pm

IMAG0963_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMAG0963_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg (182.25 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMAG0962_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMAG0962_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg (160.77 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
IMAG0965_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg
IMAG0965_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg (104.14 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
The mast is off at the mo as the owner was past sailing but enjoyed using it as a motor boat with it's Beta inboard. The mast/rigging is in a garden near by, ready to go with the boat.

I'm in no way connected to the owner but think I should receive a finders fee :lol:
CR2163

aquaplane

Post by aquaplane » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:32 pm

Bugger, I was thinking of advertising my Centaur for about that.
Bob.

george brannan

Post by george brannan » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:13 am

Thanks a Lot Big-Bang 1. Great Pictures. Looks like a well looked after boat. Early 70s, Looks like. Detail on For Sale board great too. Cheers. Hello Aqua- Plane. If you are Serious Selling about your own Pageant I'd be interested! Closer to the Liverpool ferry as well! Is your boat in Windemere? Regards, George.

aquaplane

Post by aquaplane » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:31 am

George, I'm not selling a Pageant.

The 20 trail sailer is on Windermere but that's not a Westerly.
Bob.

george brannan

Post by george brannan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:15 am

Sorry Aquaplane. Got the wires crossed a bit there! Yes, the Centaur attracted me as a good yacht also but my Home Harbour has a Max Regulation of 25ft long and they won't shift on that one. Pity! Thanks, George.