Recommissioning a Centaur, Portsmouth Area

Jaymze
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Recommissioning a Centaur, Portsmouth Area

Post by Jaymze » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:54 pm

At first glance I saw the phrase 'wallpaper paste' and for a fleeting moment thought you were going to suggest wallpaper instead of paint!

You've both convinced me, will try and maintain the original gelcoat I think.

Thanks for your advice,

James

BarryandLinda

Post by BarryandLinda » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Hello,
I don't know which side of Portsmouth you are, but I would suggest chatting to Hayling Yacht Co, on Hayling Island. It is a proper working yard, with all the necessary facilities and compared to most is relatively ( for boats ) inexpensive. We've kept our westerly there for the past 4 years and have been very satisfied with the pricing and facilities. Phone number is 0239246 4432, speak to Zena if she's around, if not the yard owner is Richard, and the foreman is PJ.
good luck with the Centaur.

Brian Stevenson
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Opposite Easterly

Post by Brian Stevenson » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:08 am

Gosport Boat Yard. Nice friendly people. Opposite is Arthurs Chandlery, also recommended.

Bon chance, mon brave.....

TyroSailor
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by TyroSailor » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:55 pm

As far as standing rigging for my Centaur is concerned, I'm shortly going to use XW Rigging. It's owned by Ian Cochrane, who designed the rigging for Westerly back in 1969 and his son Paul, whom I've met and will be doing the work. They're not cheap but I reckon the pedigree is the thing. They're at Haslar, so you can easily get there from Portsmouth....if that's where the boat is :?
Experience: That which would have been most useful five minutes before you acquired it.

Steve
Tyro (Centaur 1361)
at Southampton