What did you buy at the London boat show?

Jolly Roger
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

What did you buy at the London boat show?

Post by Jolly Roger » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Yesterday I visited and thought it was quite good, even though I did not look at any yachts.

However I did buy a new boat. No, I am not selling my Fulmar, but bought an airdeck Zodiac tender at a good discount as it was old stock (welded not glued seams) and an air cooled 2.3 Honda outboard at a keen price. Also bought a Rule high speed inflater, a Henri Lloyd jacket, and a few other bits for Concerto.

I investigated whether to change my Autohelm 2000 autopilot to a Raymarine ST2000 as I could then link it to my chart plotter. What stopped me was the linking cables would cost at least a further £120, so decided to wait until the Autohelm stops working before I change.

Chatted with several sailmakers about a possible recut of the genoa leach and asked about the cost of a new genoa and main. Both would be in a high spec dacron and the main would be fully battened. The prices were on my expectations, but have not made up my mind whether to proceed now or wait for another year or so.

Had a long chat on the Association stand with our Commodore and his wife, plus a few other members.

All in all a good day.
Roger
Concerto Fulmar FR38
Photos at http://s1294.photobucket.com/user/Conce ... 2/library/

Vegable
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: What did you buy at the London boat show?

Post by Vegable » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:11 am

Went the last 3 years and was so disappointed at last years event I couldn't work up any enthusiasm for this year. Read the reports on the PBO site and seems to be better this year.
Am tempted to try the Dusseldorf one next year.
Mike
"There is nothing worse than running ashore, unless you are uncertain as to which continent that shore belongs"