Inflatable for a Konsort

Jon

Inflatable for a Konsort

Post by Jon » Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 pm

I'm just in the process of buying a Konsort. I need to buy a new inflatable but am unsure of which size to get with regards to weight and ease of storage. I would preferably like a proper 4 man so therefore will be looking at at least a 2.9m one.
I don't want to end up buying one and then find I don't have the room to store. So for other Konsort owners - how big can I go not to have storage problems? I'd preferably not want to store it on the coach roof as I'd like to fit a life raft. Outboard wise I already have a Suzuki 4hp 2 stroke. Suggestions on make to go for would also be appreciated

Many thanks

Jon

Nigel Birch
Anti Spam measure: No
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Re: Inflatable for a Konsort

Post by Nigel Birch » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi there,

I have an ancient Avon Redcrest (9') which I tend to lash down in front of the mast behind the forepeak hatch. I have my life raft on the coach roof under the boom.

With careful folding it will fit into the lazarette too.
Nigel
Konsort "Willow" K200 Topsham

BarryandLinda

Post by BarryandLinda » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am

I'm with Nigel on this . We also have an Avon Redcrest that we stored in the locker when we had our Konsort.....

Bertgear
AntiSpam Text: Westerly

Post by Bertgear » Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:41 pm

When I had my Konsort I had a fixed transom Zodiac that would go in stern locker with lots of room to spare
Bert Gear
Fulmar FR 281 'Rubicon'
ilfracombe

rhumlady
AntiSpam Text: westerly

Post by rhumlady » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:08 pm

I have a Wetline 2.9 mtr solid transom dinghy with an inflatable airdeck and keel which rolls up for storing forward of the mast or on the foredeck just in front of the cabin. I have a 6hp Mercury 4 stroke which pushs it along well.but a 4hp would do just as well. With the keel, deck and larger tubes it carries 4 with ease. It will go into the cockpit locker without any problem as long as it isn't full of the normal carp.
Derek
Konsort 'Rhumlady' KT213

JayT
Site Admin
Anti Spam measure: Yes
AntiSpam Text: Opposite Easterly

Post by JayT » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:47 am

You keep normal Carp in the cockpit locker? That's novel - I wonder if anyone else keeps Mirror's in there... :D :D
Regards
Tim
Webmaster & Admin Office